1) What is a disbursement?
- A disbursement is government funding received and posted to your ATA account.
2) What is a refund?
- A refund is any overage of funding received by ATA not needed to cover your tuition and books that is returned to the student in the form of a check.
3) When does my funding come in?
- Your funding will start coming in from the government the 4th week of every quarter and can take up to the 8th week of every quarter. Your funding can also come in at different times, for example your Pell could come in one week and your Federal Loans could come in on another week. We have no control over when the government will send us your funds.
4) Why was my refund less or more than what my Estimated Award Letter Says?
- Your Estimated Award Letter is an estimate of your charges for each quarter. The tuition charged each quarter is based on the number of credit hours you are taking for that term. Taking more or less credit hours than estimated will cause your actual charges to more or less than the estimate for that term. The book charges on your estimated award letter are the total listed book cost for your program divided by the number of terms in your program. Your actual book charges are based on what you purchase from the book store for that term.
5) When will I get my refund?
- The funding takes 14 business days to process in our system once it is posted to your account. Funding received not needed to cover your tuition or books will be given to you in the form of a refund check.
6) When are refund checks mailed?
- Refund checks are mailed to the address we have on file.
7) How do I know if I have refund check for that week?
- An email will be sent to your ATA email account. The refund emails are sent out every Thursday after 5pm. The email will explain you have a refund check for that week.
**Remember, if Financial Aid is asking for any additional information from you (i.e. taxes, statements, worksheets, proof of SNAP benefits), your refund will be delayed until this paperwork is turned in. Don’t delay! Get your paperwork in to the Financial Aid office ASAP!!**
*If you have any questions or concerns regarding your Account, please contact:
Student Accounts Department
(502) 371-8330 ext. 1376